Sister Societies are local groups of Global Women's Leadership Network members who come together to exchange ideas, impact the local community, and share information with other network members. These meetings are organized several times a year and are usually held in credit union offices. Sister Society meetings are a great opportunity to discuss important issues impacting women leaders in credit unions and to build cooperative projects that can be implemented within the local community. Through the Sister Society initiative, the Network makes a difference locally as well as internationally.
So far, fifteen Sister Societies have been established or are planning to start soon. The societies and their respective dates include:
Arizona - since May 2013
Bay Area (San Francisco) - since April 2012
Colorado - Since May 2014
Contact: Nicole Brusewitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
D.C. Metro Area - since August 2013
- Contact: Sarah Snell Cooke at email@example.com
Fiji - since 2012
- Contact: Tuipulotu Vugakoto at firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida -since October 2013
Jamaica - since November 2012
- Contact: Barbara Gascoigne at email@example.com
Los Angeles - since February 2014
Malawi - since 2012
- Contact: Triza Tsiga Magreta at firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan - since April 2012
Nevada - since August 2012
- Contact: Brandi Stankovic, Ed.D., at 855-362-2002 x703 or Sue Longson at email@example.com
New York / New Jersey - since May 2012
Ontario - since November 2013
- Contact: Catherine Rogers at firstname.lastname@example.org
Servus Credit Union (Alberta, Canada) - since 2012
Trinidad and Tobago - since October 2013
- Contact: Jamila Draper at email@example.com or Gail Remy Rajkumar at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details about upcoming events, please click here.
Interested in organizing a Sister Society? Please contact us at CUwomen@woccu.org.
A huge thanks to PSCU for their continued support of the Network's Sister Societies!