Sister Societies are local groups of Global Women's Leadership Network members who come together to exchange ideas, impact the local community, and share information with other network members. These meetings are organized several times a year and are usually held in credit union offices. Sister Society meetings are a great opportunity to discuss important issues impacting women leaders in credit unions and to build cooperative projects that can be implemented within the local community. Through the Sister Society initiative, the Network makes a difference locally as well as internationally.
So far, sixteen Sister Societies have been established in six different countries. The societies and their respective start dates include:
Arizona - since May 2013
- Contact: Marquetta White at Marquetta_White@yahoo.com, Debbie Meshey at Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org or Martha Rozen at email@example.com
CA Bay Area (San Francisco) - since April 2012
- Contact: Colleen Cabby at firstname.lastname@example.org, Linda White at email@example.com, or Cynthia Held at firstname.lastname@example.org
CA Central Coast - since January 2015
CA South - since February 2014
- Contact: Carol Galizia at email@example.com
Contact: Nicole Brusewitz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact: Sarah Snell Cooke at email@example.com, Bonnie Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Bryn Vaupel at email@example.com
Fiji - since 2012
- Contact: Tuipulotu Vugakoto at firstname.lastname@example.org
Florida - since October 2013
Jamaica - since November 2012
- Contact: Barbara Gascoigne at email@example.com
Malawi - since 2012
- Contact: Triza Tsiga Magreta at firstname.lastname@example.org
Michigan - since April 2012
- Contact: Jody Karnes at email@example.com, Jane Kile at firstname.lastname@example.org or Vickie Schmitzer at email@example.com
Nevada - since August 2012
- Contact: Brandi Stankovic at firstname.lastname@example.org/855.362.2002x703 or Sue Longson at email@example.com
New York / New Jersey - since May 2012
- Contact: Robin Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org, Donna LoStocco at DonnaL@affinityfcu.com, Laurie Benjamin at email@example.com, or Catherine Ricker at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ontario - since November 2013
- Contact: Catherine Rogers at email@example.com
Servus Credit Union (Alberta, Canada) - since 2012
Trinidad and Tobago - since October 2013
- Contact: Jamila Draper at firstname.lastname@example.org or Gail Remy Rajkumar at email@example.com
For further details about upcoming events, please click here.
Interested in organizing a Sister Society? Please contact us at CUWomen@woccu.org.
A huge thanks to PSCU for their continued support of the Network's Sister Societies!