Global Women's Leadership Network Scholarships
Haga clic aquí para la información en español sobre las becas de la Red Global de Mujeres Líderes.
In an effort to make the Global Women's Leadership Network and its annual forum accessible to as many women leaders as possible, World Council of Credit Unions offers assistance to a small number of eligible leaders from developing countries by paying their annual network membership cost. The scholarships also cover registration costs and some travel expenses to the annual Global Women's Leadership Forum, held each year in conjunction with World Council's World Credit Union Conference.
Global Women's Leadership Forum
The fifth annual Global Women's Leadership Forum will be held in Ottawa, Canada, July 13–14, 2013. The forum will open with a networking reception the evening of Saturday, July 13, and continue with a full-day peer advisory session on Sunday, July 14. The Sunday session will end in time for participants to prepare for the 6 p.m. opening ceremonies of the 2013 World Credit Union Conference.
The purpose of the Global Women's Leadership Network is to form a lasting network of women leaders and provide a forum where these leaders can share business perspectives and learn from each other. The forum is open to women leaders within the international credit union industry.
Participant Fee and Travel Assistance/Reimbursement Program
In an effort to make the forum accessible to as many women leaders as possible, the network is offering assistance to a small number of eligible leaders from developing countries by paying their registration fees and reimbursing part of their travel costs. Scholarships are made possible with funding from network member dues, the Canadian Co-operative Association (CCA) and World Council of Credit Unions.
- Recipients will be women leaders who live and work in developing credit union movements.
- Recipients will have made a demonstrated leadership contribution to their community, organization and credit union system.
- Recipients will have a demonstrated financial need and would not otherwise be able to attend the forum without financial assistance.
- Preference will be given to recipients from diverse backgrounds who will be able to 1) gain maximum benefit from the networking experience; 2) contribute expertise to the forum; and 3) fully participate in all forum and conference events. Recipients will become active participants of network activities throughout the year. Past scholarships recipients may re-apply.
- The forum will be held in English. Interpretation will be provided to speakers of other languages if a minimum of 10 participants of a common native language pre-register for the forum by June 1, 2013. Speakers of other languages must provide their own interpreters.
A qualified selection committee will review applications and offer financial assistance to a limited number of women. Financial assistance will cover registration fees and partial travel expense reimbursement. Successful applicants must accept or decline financial assistance within 15 days of the offer.
||Applications and references due via email
||Assistance offers made to applicants
||Acceptance letters due
Interested women should download the scholarship instructions and application form, and submit the completed materials by March 22, 2013. Scholarships include 2013 annual membership fee, event registration fees and travel assistance to participate in the 2013 Global Women's Leadership Forum and World Credit Union Conference in Ottawa, Canada.
Please send inquiries and application materials to CUwomen@woccu.org.