About the Summit
Many credit unions have succession planning or targeted leadership strategies for senior-executive management. Few focus on developing mid-tier ranks where people often need information and the most support. Cultivating the leadership potential of up-and-coming talent can shorten developmental milestones and expedite top performers’ readiness for advancement.
The Summit will promote the advancement of women by focusing on the US industry’s “pipeline” problem. Credit union women working in mid to high-tiered positions are invited to participate in an intimate two-day workshop designed to inspire new insights and action.
This unique platform dedicated to credit union women only will focus on critical competencies, networking, and expanding knowledge; increasing the number of women in the ready-now or ready-soon pool.
Prior to the Summit, participants will receive a self-assessment tool and asked to evaluate their strengths, weaknesses and development areas. Workshop activities will address the assessment’s needs by offering hands-on assistance through professional training, knowledge sharing, and skill-building activities.
Date & Location
The Summit is November 13 – 15, 2017 and held at the Fairmont Hotel Millennium Park Chicago.
- November 13th: Arrive & Networking Reception at the Fairmont Hotel. 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- November 14th: Summit Workshop at Mid America Club. 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- November 14th: Networking Dinner at Park & Grill Chicago. 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- November 15th: Half Day Summit Workshop at Mid America Club. 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The application for the Executive Readiness Summit opens June 1, 2017 and is available on the Global Women’s Leadership Network website here. Applicants should apply by September 8th to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final decisions will be communicated early September. Each applicant will be notified of their status and whether she is accepted as a conference participant. Note: We extended the deadline from August 31st to September 8th.
We will select a diverse set of exemplary, high-performing female candidates who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be in a management position responsible for leading a team
- Career aspirations of moving into the c-suite or CEO position
- History of superior professional achievement
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and team-building skills
- Note: We are currently only accepting 2 women per organization
US$999. Fee includes workshop registration, networking reception, breakfast, lunch, dinner (one-night only) self-assessment and action plan tools, and one-year Network membership. There is a room block rate of $249/night at the Fairmont Chicago, Millennium Park Hotel. The nearest airports are O’Hare (ORD) and Chicago Midway (MDW). To reserve your room, call 800-526-2008 and use the group code “2017 Executive Readiness Summit”.
The Executive Readiness Summit is a unique opportunity to align your organization's values and advance US credit union women. Contact email@example.com to learn more.